Tuesday, April 14, 2009

April 2005

After I got better from my first case of strep throat, March was over and it was now April. And I am thinking all about this new situation - pregnancy. What have I gotten myself into? I am really, honestly so deeply excited! There have been so many reasons in the past why I chose not to have children yet. And why I considered never having any. But God had made things go his way, and I was pondering the ways of the Lord.
What was I going to do at my first appointment? I was going to have it go MY way! No needles, no probing things, and that dr. better move out of my way, cause I am not compromising!
What was I going to do about gaining weight? I was not going to! I was not going to get fat! Just enought weight for baby! What clothes am I going to wear? I am going to have to shop!
What about baby furniture? What about clothes? What about an appropriate home? What about our dogs? What about the motorcycle? My job? Our extended family? Breastfeeding? Future pediatrician appointments? Staying in a hospital? LABOR AND DELIVERY?
AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!
There is SO much that goes through your mind when you plan such a large life change. Or in most cases, once you find out you are pregnant there is not much more planning to do. It is happening, and you are part of it now, forever. You have no choice anymore. I had so many ideas about how I wanted things to go, and what we wanted to do for our child. I wanted to read books and study and do it right and be the best mom! I wanted my child to be healthy, happy, not spoiled, not negatively affected by vaccinations, etc. So much!
Hopefully soon I will come across something that will remind me of my first appointment. It breaks my heart that I am starting to forget things.

No comments:

Post a Comment