Friday, April 3, 2009

Things that make you go mmm.

No, it's not a song today, although I remember jamming to that one!
The past 2 weeks have been beautiful - the leaves have opened, flowers have blossomed and spring his sprung! It is so fresh outside. I know there has been a large amount of rain and storms that have made things difficlt for a lot of us, but it is still so great outside!

This past week has brought me many wonderful thoughts. Tuesday we had a wonderful MOPS meeting with a great discussion that encouraged me and affirmed choices I am making! Thank you MOPS! On Wednesday the kids and I went for a walk at a local botanical trail. Eddie and I went there this exact time last year to see the spring azaleas. It was great, he rode in the stroller and we walked and I really enjoyed it. I never went back though, because summer time is rough on a big pregnant belly going for walks up a hill pushing a 30 + lb toddler with a heat index of 100 sweltering around you. Then I had a newborn, and then winter, and so now I vowed to go again to see the azaleas. We did and Katie rode in the stroller, and Eddie and I walked and it was fun. I even started to reach down into the bag to pull out some peanuts and banana chips (a favorite snack of mine) to munch on . . . oh, wait, there aren't any peanuts and banana chips. I haven't bought any of that in months. I was remembering having them the last time when Eddie and I went together. Crazy things your memory does to you . . . mmm.

Yesterday was nice. It was supposed to storm but there was a nice little break in the storms around our area and we just got a little shower. Then my husband came home and kissed me. Eddie went to sleep last night late, but we were playing. Katie went to sleep last night late, around 11:00, but this time she actually stayed asleep until 5:00! You go Katie! She doesn't do that very often. I nursed her and then put her back in her bed at 5:45 and she is still there. I like hearing my little baby wake up in her bed. I loved hearing Eddie wake up in his. It was hilarious. Ben and I would be in bed on a Saturday morning, sleeping as long as we could. Soon, a little earlier than we'd like we'd hear a 'thud'. Then another 'thud'. 'Thud - shhh - thud.'
"Eddie's awake."
He would stick his feet up in the air and throw them down onto his mattress. So cool. Katie has done that, but rarely is she asleep in her bed when she wakes up. She is usually next to me in my bed when I wake up with the alarm. Lazy mommy, doesn't put baby back in her bed at 2:27 am. I remember when I would lay down nursing her, I frequently woke up to her holding me hand, even when she was just a wee one. Now, she is not so wee.

No comments:

Post a Comment