Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Gluten Free Lava Cake

I still don't know how I am going to get the picture from my phone to my blog, but here is the recipe!

Gluten Free Lava Cake

8 oz semisweet chocolate pieces
10 oz butter
1/2 cup gluten free bisquick
1 cup powdered sugar
3 eggs
3 egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease 6 ramekins with butter. Melt chocolate and butter in microwave or double boiler. Add flour and sugar to chocolate mixuture. Stir in eggs and yolks until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Divide batter evenly among ramekins, Place in oven and bake for 14 minutes.

Now, I altered this recipe, and am even thinking of altering it more. You absolutely could not tell these were gf. The cake had no grittyness or sandyness at all. But it did seem quite cakey, where the lava cakes I have had in the past were more crusty. I may use just a gf flour, like almond flour, instead of bisquick, since it has other cooking agents in it. And, I only had 3 ramekins, so I filled them 2/3 full, and poured the rest into a 7 in ceramic dish. Oddly, the big one was really gooey in the middle, though it cooked much longer than the little ones.

Regardless of how you decide to cook it, both ways were very good, and great over ice cream!

Chris, I suggest you try this for your family and don't tell them it is gf and see if they can tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment